Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back to School

Well, so ends the summer. It's been... well, it's been a unique one, I guess. Really busy, but lots of good fun at the beach, with friends, and even with coworkers working on stem cells. I just can't believe how quickly it went by.

So, to cope with the agony of the ending summer and to drown my sorrows in food, I have decided to be the test guinea pig for the KFC Quadruple Down. It's a proposed sandwich for KFC which substitutes two deep-fried chicken breasts for buns. Between those lies another two fried breasts, with bacon, special sauce, Swiss and pepperjack cheese. It's sort of like ordering a quadruple bypass without paying for it. But man would that ever be good.

To KFC: Do it. I dare you.

Happy (not) school year everyone!

2 comments:

By: Chick Chinning Joked said...

I am not sure if this Quadruple Down is a joke or not. The real sandwich is the KFC Double Down, which, according to this article in the LA Times, is being tested in Providence and LA. So MAYBE YOU SHOULD go there.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dailydish/2009/08/bellying-up-to-kfcs-double-down-.html

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon!

Good luck with school! Can't wait till the quad down hits stores. It's been a while since you've posted anything and I think I'm starting to suffer from withdrawal symptoms. The trolls on your blog sure take a lot of effort don't they? (points at post above)

Canadians start school a couple of days later, so I'll be starting school on Monday.

Good luck!