Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

Wow, it's been a crazy few days. Travelling to Hotlanta (er, I mean Atlanta, GA) to debate at Emory University was quite the experience. (If anyone cares, I made finals in Student Congress, which I think is quite good.) So was meeting Bob Barr, the 2008 Liberatarian Presidential Candidate. That was interesting.

And now, in the midst of the crazy sprint to the finish for finals... a short moment of peace, as a blanket of snow has covered my Pennsylvanian town, and granted us a day of rest before the insanity of finals sets in tomorrow.

It's been a while since I've had a real snow day, and I'd almost forgotten how great it was. Waking up to the elation of discovering you have no school, and the gratefulness at being able to sleep until 11 in the morning after waking up at 5:30am. And then wearing pajamas all day, drinking hot chocolate by the fire, and doing nothing all day because obviously it's too snowy outside to do anything productive. (Although I did study a bit.)

Oh snow day. I do love thee.

No comments: