Sunday, May 10, 2009

Music Overload

It's been a study-filled weekend. Granted, it's only been for AP Chemistry, but there's been plenty of studying involved. And there's plenty more to come. Still, when I've had some free time, I've been trawling around the intertubes, looking for fresh new tunes to grace my music library. I've come across a lot of interesting-sounding stuff, from a lot of different genres, and I'm really wondering when (or if) I'll have the time to listen to it.

Among the artists accumulated are indie bands Miracle Fortress and Bullets in Madison, electro-pop group Röyksopp, a bizarre sound-sampling band called The Books, and a ton of electro-techno-trance, featuring such artists as Armin van Buuren, Darude, ATB, Infected Mushroom, and Deadmau5. Oh, and some ambient electronic from The Future Sound of London and Biosphere.

I have no idea what to do with this music, but it all sounds really good. It's almost burden-like; it feels like I have an obligation to listen to it all. But I have no idea when I'll have the time to truly appreciated. Is music best appreciated in small chunks, so that each can be savored over and over again? Or is it alright to acquire it en masse, possibly missing some songs here or there? I'll make a decision on that one when I finally get to listening to it all.

No comments: