Monday, July 14, 2008

Josh Hamilton is a Monster

The MLB Home Run Derby this year is particularly special - it's being held at Yankee Stadium in its final season. And newcomer Josh Hamilton (of the Texas Rangers) is making history along with it.

This guy is a monster - he hit 28 homeruns in the first round alone. The best previously was 24 by Bobby Abreau of my beloved Philadelia Phillies, a record I thought no one could ever surpass. Plus - it seemed like over half were over 500ft, the longest of which was 512ft - ridiculous.

I'm going to bed soon, so I can't watch the final round. But Hamilton has 32 homers through two rounds. The record is 41, also by Bobby Abreau. He might just break it, but even if he doesn't, his performance has been unlike anything I've ever seen.

Hats off to this guy. He is insane.

Check ESPN.com for highlights later on.


EDIT: Epic fail. 3 homeruns in the final round to fall to Justin Morneau. Still amazing.

No comments: