Monday, October 20, 2008

SCHNAUSS'D!

I've been listening to a good amount of ambient electronic stuff lately, especially while doing schoolwork. Specifically, the work of Jon Hopkins and The Field. Very good, innovative, relaxing stuff. Today I've found a third artist to complete a trilogy of ambience. This guy's been categorized as ambient, although he's a bit... frankly, louder and beatier than the others. Nonetheless, it'll do just fine.

Oh, and his name is Ulrich Schnauss.

Hehe. Schnauss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll probably love The Postal Service, check out some of Death Cab for Cutie's Older works... Same guy who's just reading your blog backwards chronologically, I commented earlier.

Out of curiousity, what do you read to educate yourself for your debates?

Umm..... Yeah, and you might like some of Noam Chomsky's political works...

Jon said...

Yeah, Postal Service and Death Cab are pretty nice. Such Great Heights is a wonderful song.

I usually just Google stuff - I tend to read some reports from the Heritage Foundation, Brookings Institution, the Cato Institute, and The Economist magazine.

And I'll be sure to check that out.