Friday, August 15, 2008

Cellofourte

There are millions of musical artists out there, all with their own unique sound and twist on their own particular genre. However, one stands out to me as particularly unique and interesting, and that is the Pittsburgh quartet known as Cellofourte.

They pioneer a genre known as "cello rock", establishing their musical style by, as they put it, "boldly defying the boundaries of classical music and rock". Their music contains the subtle intricacies of classical music along with the catchiness, beat and groove of classic rock. It's lyricless, it's original, and it's like nothing you've ever heard before.

As a cellist, I am in love with their music. I highly suggest you take a look, if you're interested in hearing something a little bit out of the ordinary.

I offer two things - a
music video of their song Combustion, and a link to their website. You can find some cool stuff there. (You can also check them out on Myspace.)

I also highly recommend that you buy their new album Combustion,
which can be done here, for $10. Trust me, it's worth it.

No comments: