Thursday, June 5, 2008

Leaked: Viva la Vida

About a week ago, I mentioned a quote about Coldplay's new upcoming album, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends. Admittedly, I'm a big Coldplay fan, and I've been anticipating this for a while.

As it turns out... yesterday, an early copy of the album leaked to the public. Being a terrible person with no morals at all, I immediately downloaded it. And let me tell you, apart from the fact that the leaker screwed up the quality of the first track... It's definitely the best album I've heard all year, and possibly for several.

I'm not going to give you a link to the leak: I encourage all of you to buy this album when it's released on June 17th in the U.S. I know that I will. But man, this is one crazy good album. In the meantime, here are the two singles they've released so far:

Violet Hill
Viva la Vida

No I don't want to battle from beginning to end
I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge
I don't want to follow death and all his friends.

No comments: