Sunday, June 15, 2008

Party Shuffle Sucks

Most people, by now, have an MP3 player. If it's any good, chances are, it has a shuffle function. I don't know about you guys, but when I shuffle through all 1900 of my songs, there's a lot of crap that I have to sort through before I get to something I really want to hear. I listen to full albums, and even if I like the album itself, it doesn't mean I like all the tracks in it.

So... I make playlists. I just spent the better part of an hour yesterday creating three new playlists, so now I have about 10. I'm curious: Is that weird? I don't know how many people like to use playlists to determine what they listen to. Personally, I like shuffle... but I want to shuffle through certain types of songs sometimes. That's why I have playlists.

No comments: